Monday, December 8, 2008

Vacation!!



Me in freeport




The fish caught the day we went ocean fishing




After swimming all day



Later that night




At the queens staircase/Fort Fincastle in Nassau





These towel pets are worth going on a cruise for in itself!





Yay! So even though I wasn't pleased with the whole Airport thing, and I thought about it a lot during my 3 and a half hour flight to Orlando, I was so happy to finally begin our vacation. It has been a tradition of ours it seems to vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday. This year was no execption, besides the fact that we had dinner at our house, and then left 2 hours later. We left my poor mom to clean up and pack our children and take them home with her. My only problem with the timing of our vacation, is of course Black Friday! Haha, we did actually get up early Friday morning and hit a few stores in Denver before our flight. We didn't buy much, but my husband wanted to go to Bass Proshop and try and catch a few deals. Once we landed in Orlando and collected our luggage we breezed through the airport, rented our car and drove to our motel. We thought it was fitting to eat dinner that night at Bahama Breeze, as thats where our final destination would be! We spent one day in Orlando and went Ocean fishing, which I have never done before. It was a great day, calm sea, but no fish for us!!! We had a blast though and were pooped by the time we got back to our motel room. The next morning we got up early, mostly because we were so eager to get on the ship. We are definately cruise people. (This was our 3rd, and our 4th will be in Feb. with the whole family!!) Anyways, we reserved a penthouse suite and got the VIP treatment. If you've cruised before, you know about the lines, and man was I glad to skip them! We waited behind two groups, and we had chairs, and they offered us drinks! So check in was very quick and easy. Once on board we checked things out, Tomas scheduled a hair cut, and I unpacked. Great first day really. It was a short cruise, only a 4 day and we hit Freeport Bahamas, and Nassau. Freeport was kinda drizzily (light rain???) but warm and we shopped and explored the island and beaches. The next day was Nassau, and we did a history of the island/city tour and ended our day with a trip to the Atlantis resort and spent the rest of the day at the water park there, which was awesome! We opted to walk from Paradise Cay back to the ship, which was about 3 miles. But it was beautiful and we had time, there was no need to be stuck in a taxi. We finished off our trip with a day at Kennedy Space Center. I had no idea it was a wild life preserve and we saw sooo many alligators!! Anyways, it was a great vacation, much needed, and I can't wait to go back one day!

4 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Your girls are getting sooo big! Glad you had a good vacation.
Ker

Ash said...

You are so cute, Jess. Sounds like you had a great vacation. Wonder where you will go next year...

Doug and Marilyn said...

Hey there!! You are so darling and I love your blog. Your girls are adorable and it looks like you are having fun. I wish I was on that vacation!! Great to get in touch with you.

Brooke Carroll said...

It was great to talk to you the other day...I'm sorry it's been a while! I can't wait to see you and the girls again...they are the cutest ever!