Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Festivities


We spent Sunday cramming every Halloween activity in that we could! First thing in the morning Tomas helped the girls make a haunted gingerbread house that turned out super cute, and then we got ready and headed out to the pumpkin patch, which I intend on adding photos later. Then we had a late lunch at Red Robin which is the girls favorite place to eat. Not only because they get balloons, but because I always give in to their plees of having chocolate milkshakes with their meals. That is a very rare treat for them and because of that they would usually rather go eat there than at the nasty chuck E cheese when they have their choice! After that we came home and Tomas busied himself occupying Kaedynce while Ryleigh and I worked on her pretty foam haunted house for her friends Halloween party. I was shocked by how long it took us girls to assemble it, and was thankful for all of Ryleighs efforts. She worked on it diligentely for about 2 hours before she gave up. When I was putting the finishing touches on she said, "surprise mommy! I came back to help you." So she added bits and pieces of 'spiderweb' and we snapped a quick picture of our finished product. Tomas even admitted that it was a (in his own words) 'pretty cool haunted house'. It turned out to be a great craft for Ryleigh. But now I know a 3 year old has her limits on how long something like that remains fun! Afterwards it was time for a fall sort of dinner of spaghetti squash and garlic breadsticks. By the time I cleaned that up, and the children, it was time for bed and we werent able to carve our pumpkins until the next morning before Tomas left for work. Today we also made a batch of sugar cookies to take and frost at the Halloween party. Which did I mention I am so thankful to Tiera for having it. My girls are super excited to go!

3 comments:

Ash said...

Wow, Jess! Busy little family you have there.

Brooke Carroll said...

JESS! I didn't know you set your blog up yet! It's so cute, good job. I'm SO SORRY I didn't get a hold of you this morning to go to the game. Nate went to work and took the jeep (which had Mersadie's carseat AND my cell phone in it)so I apologize for not being able to even get a hold of you. We had so much fun last night trick-or-treating, though. I put up a pick of your girls, they are SO cute. Hope to hear from you soon! I'll give you a call tonight when Nate get's home from work.

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey Jess,
I hope you are feeling better! I just wanted to let you know that I am making my blog private, so if you want to, leave your address on my comments page and I will invite you so that you still have access to my blog! I'm just really paranoid and want to make it safe. I won't make your email address public or anything, so don't worry! Thanks Jessica, talk to you soon and get to feeling better!